GT350H

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Friday and Saturday - Injury!

Well, I pushed on Friday too much when I should have known better. I lifted weights and then jumped rope at UAH Fitness Center. I have been trying to up my jump rope count by 10 reps each time - I was up to 290. When I hit 200, my calf started to tighten, but I just kept going. Kind of felt like a cramp, so I wasn't too concerned. Then later on that afternoon, I ran a slow 5K (23:50) at Lockheed field. Calf cramped a little. But last night I really started to feel it. So Saturday AM, I went to UAH's pool and did 30 laps of deep water running with the float belt in 35:47. Calf felt a little looser, but I'll probably not try running on it for a few days. I hope it's not as bad as the strain I had back in the summer where I had to take about 8 weeks off from running.
posted by mgreene at 7:42 AM

2 Comments:

Best wishes on a timely recovery.
Merry Christmas to you and I hope you have a great New Year!

December 25, 2007 at 10:51 AM  

Thanks, Jeff. I used my electrical stim TENS unit on my calf for a couple of days and was able to do 42 minutes on the treadmill Christmas Day, pain free. I plan on hitting the trails outside again today to test it.

December 26, 2007 at 5:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

2009 Race Results