GT350H

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Hot and Humid Sunday run

Exercise: Ran 8 miles on the paved paths on Redstone Arsenal. First time I've run these in probably 6-7 years. Very humid (rain near by). At about mile two a coyote crossed my path a few yards ahead and just stopped and checked me out as I ran by (maybe sizing up whether I could be breakfast or not). Total time was 1:00:02 (7:30 per mile pace).

Mostly water loss, but I weighed 150.5 when I finished - the least I've weighed since high school.

Splits:
1: 7:57
2: 7:32
3: 7:08
4: 7:37
5: 7:18
6: 7:33
7: 7:20
8: 7:34

Total mileage for the week: 13.6

Total mileage for the month : 8.0
posted by mgreene at 8:49 AM

4 Comments:

Nice workout! Now that the weather is starting to get in the hot/humid zone, do you shoot for monrning/evening runs? If not, what's the secret formula for not dropping and succumbing yourself to coyote-bait! ;-)

For me, the "best" time to get runs in during the week are right after work (when the sun in summer is unbearable), some advice would be great!

June 1, 2008 at 6:04 PM  

Oh, and great 5k as well! I love watching you guys out in front stridin' away while I'm huffin' and puffin'! Something to shoot for!

June 1, 2008 at 6:05 PM  

I do shift some of my runs to early in the AM (6 or so) when it gets really hot, but I figure I still need to do some in the heat to become acclimated because most races around here start at 8AM when it's already getting pretty toasty.

June 2, 2008 at 5:49 AM  

Great job! I sure do not envy the humidity you are experiencing. But I know its coming my way.

I understand the desire to train and get acclimented to the weather. The majoring of my training is in the cooler evening hours. Every four weeks I get the chance for some early daytime jogs. There certainly is a difference.

June 2, 2008 at 8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

2009 Race Results