GT350H

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Another long trail run

Exercise: Another pre-dawn trail run on Monte Sano. At 6AM, ran the White (South Plateau) Loop with Christy Scott and Scott Michael, using Christy's headlight for about the first twenty minutes until it got daylight. Then met back at the Hiker's Lot with Eric Charette, Joey Butler, Linda Scavarda, Rebecca Reynolds. Did the North Plateau, Cold Springs, Tollgate Trail, Land Trust High Trail, Natural Well, and the Death Trail (impossible to run as it is so steep and rocky for most of the way). Rebecca took a bad spill and split her knee (of course she'd ran a 50K race yesterday!). Total distance 11.68 miles, making for the most miles ever in a single weekend for me: 21.26 miles.

Total mileage for the week: 21.26
Total mileage for the month : 27.72
posted by mgreene at 7:52 AM

3 Comments:

Personally, every time I see you post to Jonathan's blog, I breathe a sigh of relief. I think you're on track more often than not. I think he needs tough talk more than the admiration and adulation that he usually gets. He's really good at the talk and not as good at the walk. Or run, as it were. Talking and inspiring people certainly has a place. But when it's the same talk day in and day out...well, you already said it in your response.

Good luck with your training.

October 6, 2008 at 12:04 PM  

Thanks for the confirmation. IMHO anything worth having is worth sacrificing for - be it having a salad instead of a steak or giving up a few minutes of sleep in order to get a run in before work. I'm afraid he's gonna be in for a rude awakening when he finds out how far 13.1 miles really is.

October 6, 2008 at 12:16 PM  

Firstly...I find your style motivating more than anything. Kinda like that tough coach who wouldn't tell you they are pleased with your progress (even if they were) cause they don't want you to get complacent. For me, that kinda stuff works (reminds me of my football coaches).

With Jonathan I'm not sure. I don't doubt he's trying hard and will experience some success with the 1/2, but as you say he might be really surprised as well...I found even 10 miles is very different from 13.1... But hey, it's all about the experience, so if he doesn't do it then he might be all that much more hungry for the next one.

Keep on the throttle GT350, it's injecting some life into this group :-)

October 6, 2008 at 9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

2009 Race Results