GT350H

Friday, November 23, 2007

Turkey Trot 5K

Exercise: Did about a 1.25 mile warmup before the Turkey Trot 5K at UAH. 501 total finishers - I wound up 11th overall and 2nd out of 31 in my age group. Tried to start out conservatively (as usual) but went through the first mile in 5:52 - too fast (as usual). Did not fade as much as usual in the final 1.1, but the hill at the end and the cold north wind were not fun! Finished in 19:23 - not as fast as I would have liked, but my fastest time on this course in several years.

Friday Exercise: Lifted weights and jumped rope at UAH Fitness Center.

Saturday will be the Arab Junior High Math Club 5K - my 30th race of 2007 (even after missing 9 weeks in June-July because of a calf strain)!
posted by mgreene at 7:31 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

2009 Race Results