GT350H

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Charette's masochistic 10 mile hill workout

Exercise: (Wednesday) - Met at the Southeast YMCA with Eric Charette, Joey Butler, Scott Michael, THE Brian Robinson, and Rebecca Reynolds to try Eric's famous killer 10 mile hill workout. After about a mile of uneventful neighborhood warmup, we starting hitting some pretty steep hills. But, I was duly informed that they were not hills, merely optical and physical illusions. The REAL hills were yet to come. While by Eric's count there were only 4 real ones, my count was 12+. I was able to power through most of them, though Eric and Brian tended to lead and push the pace. I actually felt better going up the hills (including Pike's Peak and Everest) than the pounding needed to go down them. At 10 miles, this was the toughest mid-week workout I've ever done. Adding another 3 miles over the next two days will get me to 40+ for the week for my biggest training week ever. Hopefully all these miles will begin to show some results in races. The Monte Sano 15K is coming up on Saturday.

Total mileage for the week: 37.12
Total mileage for the month : 43.58
posted by mgreene at 6:12 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

2009 Race Results