GT350H

Monday, April 26, 2010

1st run since surgery

Counting 26 weeks as 6 months, I ventured out onto a soft soccer field at UAH for my first run attempt since last May. I have been very apprehensive, anticipating pain, but it went much better than I had anticipated. After a 1/4 mile walking warmup, I did a mile in 7:56. There was little general soreness while running, but now 15 minutes later, there is no pain at all. While running, the most painful area was my lower abdomen. I've been doing LOTS of core exercises during my recovery, so I'm attributing this to working core muscles in ways they haven't been worked in almost a year. Very relieved and excited!
posted by mgreene at 5:19 AM

3 Comments:

Yay!

April 26, 2010 at 6:49 PM  

WooooHooooo!!!!!!

April 27, 2010 at 6:56 AM  

Glad to hear you were able to run. Hope you are doing well. Miss seeing you at races!

May 8, 2010 at 8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

2009 Race Results