GT350H

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

One week to go!

Next Tuesday will mark 26 weeks since my hip operation. I plan on running that day for the first time since last May. Overall I've missed about 15 months of training, so I'll be way back close to Square One... But, I do thank God that at least I was able to have this surgery and get in a position to resume running and playing basketball, which have been a major portion of my life for the last 30 years.

I'm sure there will will be pain (soreness) and lack of cardio and lung capacity when I start back, so I may not do any races for a while.

I have been very consistent on my cross training, doing 4.9 miles on the Nautilus Stair Master on Sunday, 8 miles on the stationary bike yesterday, 4 miles on the rowing machine today and also lifted weights at lunch today.
posted by mgreene at 10:19 AM

2 Comments:

That's great!!! can't wait to hear all about it!

April 21, 2010 at 8:22 AM  

Man, I can't wait until you're back! Just go easy to start. I know that would be the hardest part for me! I would want to run hard, fast, and long on day 1!

I admire your dedication to cross training while injured and I appreciate your encouraging me along the way.

April 25, 2010 at 11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

2009 Race Results