Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Running year in review
- Finishing 2nd overall in the Huntsville Track Club's Masters Division Grand Prix behind only Jon Elmore
- Winning 4 races overall - Boaz Hospice 5K, Fairview Spring and Fall 5K's, and Wayne County TN Run for Life 5K
- In the fall, finally broke 19 minutes on a 5K twice - 18:56 in the Liz Hurley 5K and 18:57.8 in the Hartselle All Saints 5K
- Ran 34 races total, finishing first in age group 21 times, first Master 8 times, top 3 in age group 30 times
- Total distance -1291.31 miles - despite only running less than 7 miles in December
- Making a wrong turn in the McKay Hollow 1/2 Marathon and finishing 8 minutes slower than the previous year
- Missing the Scholarship 8K because of a sore back - this may have cost me overall 1st place in the Grand Prix standings
- Not breaking 40 minutes for a 10k - closest was 40:45 in Elkmont in late fall
- Injuring my hip in early November just when I was hitting my peak for the year causing my mileage to dwindle to practically zero for the last 6 weeks of the year
- Leading the Lexington Pump & Run 5K at the 2 mile mark only to get passed by two runners in the last mile
If I can get this hip thing healed, I plan on training for the Mountain Mist 50K coming up just over a year from now and making a concerted effort to get back under 40 for 10Ks and under 19 for 5Ks consistently.
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Not quite right
Total mileage for week: 4.00
Total mileage for month : 6.76
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Last post for a while
(Tuesday) - ran 1.35 miles at 7:30 pace and still had hip pain. Guess I'm going to have to go to the doctor to make sure it's not a stress fracture.
(Wednesday) - 39 laps in the pool. 1.41 miles on treadmill. 4x130 jump rope.
Will not post again until I'm back to running...
Total mileage for week: 2.76
Total mileage for month : 2.76